Through creative partnerships, Gikendaasowin (knowledge) Lac du Flambeau Tribal Education Department provides learning opportunities to promote and enhance the educational and cultural growth of the Lac du Flambeau community.
Job Placement & Training (JPT):
Per BIA guidelines (25 CFR 26), the purpose of the Lac du Flambeau Tribe’s Job Placement & Training (JPT) program is to assist eligible applicants with obtaining job skills and finding and retaining a job leading to self-sufficiency. JPT funding supports the following services:
- Adult vocational training
- Direct employment assistance
Services may include funding for employment, training or supplemental assistance that supports job placement or training activities.
To be eligible for JPT funding, an applicant is required to meet the following criteria:
- Be an enrolled Lac du Flambeau Tribal Member
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Reside on or near (within 50 miles of) the Lac du Flambeau Reservation
- Demonstrate a financial need (unemployed, underemployed or need and can benefit from employment assistance)
- Have all required documentation on file.